Dr Adam Kowalczyk
Dr Adam Kowalczyk is a researcher and Honorary Fellow in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
- Goudey B, Abraham G, Kikianty E, Wang Q, Rawlinson D, Shi F, Haviv I, Stern L, Kowalczyk A, Inouye M. Interactions within the MHC contribute to the genetic architecture of celiac disease. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2017, Vol. 12, Issue 3.
- KĘdzierska E, Petelczyc K, Kakarenko K, Bieda M, Kowalczyk A, Byszewska A, Kolodziejczyk A. Standardized ETDRS charts for mobile devices. Photonics Letters of Poland. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 3.
- Sapre N, MacIntyre G, Clarkson M, Naeem H, Cmero M, Kowalczyk A, Anderson P, Costello A, Corcoran N, Hovens C. A urinary microRNA signature can predict the presence of bladder urothelial carcinoma in patients undergoing surveillance. BRITISH JOURNAL OF CANCER. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 114, Issue 4.
- MacInnis R, Schmidt D, Makalic E, Severi G, Fitzgerald LM, Reumann M, Kapuscinski M, Kowalczyk A, Zhou Z, Goudey B, Qian G, Bui Q, Park D, Freeman A, Southey M, Al Olama AA, Kote-Jarai Z, Eeles RA, Hopper J, Giles G. Use of a Novel Nonparametric Version of DEPTH to Identify Genomic Regions Associated with Prostate Cancer Risk. CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTION. American Association for Cancer Research. 2016, Vol. 25, Issue 12.
- Tothill R, Shi F, Paiman L, Bedo J, Kowalczyk A, Mileshkin L, Buela E, Klupacs R, Bowtell D, Byron K. Development and validation of a gene expression tumour classifier for cancer of unknown primary. PATHOLOGY. Carfax Publishing. 2015, Vol. 47, Issue 1.
- Abraham G, Tye Din J, Bhalala O, Kowalczyk A, Zobel J, Inouye M. Accurate and Robust Genomic Prediction of Celiac Disease Using Statistical Learning. PLoS Genetics. Public Library of Science. 2014, Vol. 10, Issue 2.
- Sapre N, Hong M, MacIntyre G, Lewis H, Kowalczyk A, Costello A, Corcoran N, Hovens C. Curated MicroRNAs in Urine and Blood Fail to Validate as Predictive Biomarkers for High-Risk Prostate Cancer. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science. 2014, Vol. 9, Issue 4.
- Goudey B, Rawlinson D, Wang Q, Shi F, Ferra H, Campbell R, Stern L, Inouye M, Ong C, Kowalczyk A. GWIS - model-free, fast and exhaustive search for epistatic interactions in case-control GWAS. BMC Genomics. Biomed Central. 2013, Vol. 14, Issue 3.
- Tothill R, Li J, Mileshkin L, Doig K, Siganakis T, Cowin P, Fellowes A, Semple T, Fox S, Byron K, Kowalczyk A, Thomas D, Schofield P, Bowtell D. Massively-parallel sequencing assists the diagnosis and guided treatment of cancers of unknown primary. Journal of Pathology. John Wiley & Sons. 2013, Vol. 231, Issue 4.
- Choudhury S, Almendro V, Merino V, Wu Z, Maruyama R, Su Y, Martins F, Fackler M, Bessarabova M, Kowalczyk A, Conway T, Beresford-Smith B, MacIntyre G, Cheng Y, Lopez-Bujanda Z, Kaspi A, Hu R, Robens J, Nikolskaya T, Haakensen V, Schnitt S, Argani P, Ethington G, Panos L, Grant M, Clark J, Herlihy W, Lin J, Chew G, Thompson E, Greene-Colozzi A, Richardson A, Rosson G, Pike M, Garber J, Nikolsky Y, Blum J, Au A, Hwang E, Tamimi R, Michor F, Haviv I, Liu X, Sukumar S, Polyak K. Molecular profiling of human mammary gland links breast cancer risk to a p27+ cell population with progenitor characteristics. Cell Stem Cell. Cell Press. 2013, Vol. 13, Issue 1.
- Abraham G, Kowalczyk A, Zobel J, Inouye M. Performance and Robustness of Penalized and Unpenalized Methods for Genetic Prediction of Complex Human Disease. Genetic Epidemiology. Wiley-Liss. 2013, Vol. 37, Issue 2.
- Weir JM, Wong G, Barlow CK, Greeve MA, Kowalczyk A, Almasy L, Comuzzie AG, Mahaney MC, Jowett JBM, Shaw J, Curran JE, Blangero J, Meikle PJ. Plasma lipid profiling in a large population-based cohort. Journal of Lipid Research. American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 2013, Vol. 54.
- Meikle PJ, Wong G, Barlow CK, Weir JM, Greeve MA, MacIntosh GL, Almasy L, Comuzzie AG, Mahaney MC, Kowalczyk A, Haviv I, Grantham N, Magliano DJ, Jowett JBM, Zimmet P, Curran JE, Blangero J, Shaw J. Plasma Lipid Profiling Shows Similar Associations with Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. PLoS One. Public Library of Science. 2013, Vol. 8, Issue 9.
- Wong N, Ashley D, Chatterton, Parkinson-Bates M, Ng HK, Halemba M, Kowalczyk A, Bedo J, Wang Q, Bell, Algar E, Craig J, Saffery R. A distinct DNA methylation signature defines pediatric pre-B cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Epigenetics. Landes Bioscience. 2012, Vol. 7, Issue 6.
- Wong G, Leckie C, Kowalczyk A. FSR: feature set reduction for scalable and accurate multi-class cancer subtype classification based on copy number. Bioinformatics. Oxford University Press. 2012, Vol. 28, Issue 2.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile